"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Vacation

va·ca·tion

  [vey-key-shuhn, vuh-]  Show IPA
noun
1.
a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity,usually used for rest, recreation, or travel; recess orholiday: Schoolchildren are on vacation now.
2.
a part of the year, regularly set aside, when normalactivities of law courts, legislatures, etc., are suspended.
3.
freedom or release from duty, business, or activity.
4.
an act or instance of vacating.


Summer is vacation time!

My family is on vacation this week, separated all over the North America!

I came home to an empty house from what normally is drama personified! No one is here, they are all on vacation!

I want to do nothing of any depth! No deep movies.... no deep conversations .... no thinking .... no feeling .... no pondering ... no writing....NOTHING! I have vacated the premises of my mind.

I plopped my suitcase in the middle of the floor of the kitchen! Left it there... didn't matter... This week, I don't cook! I made one frozen pizza to eat for 3 days worth of meals. Left it in the fridge and heat it up piece by piece. I'm on vacation.

I chose not to answer the phone. I'm on vacation.

I chose not to reply to some emails.... I'm on vacation.

I did pay the mortgage but left the rest of the bills on the table for another day. I'm on vacation.

I fed the dogs and gave them walks, but will not bathe them for now. I'm on vacation.

It's temporary....but it needs to happen. It's like bleach in your wash cycle.... my brain is on bleach. Just want to laugh, dance, sing, have fun with no commitments... no nothing...

Life will continue. People will continue to need things from me. I will again work. The bills will remain. But for today.... go away....I'm taking a vacation from my life and especially from my problems!

My mind is at rest.... my body is at rest .... my passions are at a state of heightened arousal. It's what vacation is all about!

It's your turn.... take a vacation - it's good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment