"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Last Dance....



You are looking at Renoir's Dancing images. Today is the last day of their exhibit at the MFA in Boston. I've enjoyed viewing them over the past few months. The MFA owns the one on the left, which happens to be my favorite. If you are in the Boston area, you may want to run in and see them today or else, enjoy them right here for a moment.

As many of you know, I used to go into Boston on Mondays with my oldest daughter while she volunteered at the New England Aquarium. I used that day as my "artist date". I fear that I won't be going in as much anymore but I will continue to occasionally venture in. If you are not a member of your local art museum - consider membership, it is well worth the effort. There's a great wealth of artistic inspiration there for you! This year I have a card that lets me in to around 600 museums around the country! yippee!!

Here are a few more Pierre Renoir paintings for your enjoyment.














No comments:

Post a Comment