"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Monday, April 8, 2013

Through the eyes of Edward Hopper...















Took a little trip to Cape Cod last Saturday. It was 37 degrees and the wind was crazy cold. I wanted spring and summer to come so badly.... But in the midst of the cold, I decided to take a little "Hopper" trip. Through some sleuthing, I found his home in Truro. I hiked along the beach to spot it and then took a drive through a dirt road to view the back. I also photographed the "Corn Hill Beach" scene. We then went into Provincetown and wandered around the shops and art galleries for a little while. As I walked, I tried to view the area through Hopper's eyes. These photographs were manipulated as a tribute to Hopper - clean, crisp and bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment