"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Life's a Beach



Since doing those images yesterday I have the beach on my mind. Truth is, anyone who knows me knows that the ocean is my place of solitude and rest, where I recharge. You pretty much can't drag me away. Some day I hope to have a place by the ocean, but until then, I will satisfy myself with ponds, pools, lakes, rivers and all other bodies of water that are near by and my hour long trips to the sea whenever possible.

Years ago when I was living in the midwest, I painted ocean murals and sea themes in every room to give myself the presence of the peace that the ocean brought. If you are longing for the carefree days of summer, you can preserve those feelings in your art, be it photography, painting, collage, music, poetry or just a table scape. Be inspired and know that your art can be as unique as your summer interests.













No comments:

Post a Comment