"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Artistic Inspiration... Pierre-Auguste Cot

A little painters artistic inspiration for you today. I have these two posters in my bedroom and stare at them every morning when I wake up.... I LOVE them.... although I would enjoy the real deal more - a painted, physical portrait with depth, the posters give me a sense of the image.




There is just so much I love about these images. I love the translucent and flowing quality of the draping over the women. I love the great attention to detail in their anatomy - almost perfect really. I love the way light directs your eye through the background. I love the young, loving, carefree feel of the partners. If you are interested in owning them, I purchased these posters at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment