"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Monday, November 5, 2012

Creativity Challenge Day 5


How are you all doing today? Hope you did something creative yesterday and that it nurtured you! My double walk and run were wonderful but I fear I overdid it a bit - muscle spasms today... But I'm still walking today at 6:30... going to push through... that's what it's all about.

Today is day 5 of the creativity challenge. I'm thinking that this month I'm going to stretch myself in new ways creatively and not just create photographs and digital art. This month I'm experimenting. Today I'm going to leave that 1/2 covered canvas in the garage alone and move on to something a bit more etherial...

On this 5th day of November, my challenge was to record the song playing through my heart. If you are a musician you can do this by playing between two chords. Just let the music come out of you. If you are NOT musical, don't despair... just feel some rhythm. Tap it out on your leg or your desk. Hear a beat and bring it out. That's creating!

Here's my recording.... It's all spontaneous music. I sat down by the piano, put my iPhone recording device on and let it rip. It's not perfect. I wouldn't submit it for a record label. I've touched my piano all of 5 times in the past year (it's true) but it's a new melody. It's a melody from my soul and it's beautiful for that reason alone. You all have a melody in your soul too!







No comments:

Post a Comment