"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Artist Inspiration... Cindy Sherman












Reinvention is the name of the game to photographer Cindy Sherman. With her theatrical nature she continues to mesmerize her audience through her costumed rendition of many types of people. I had the good fortune of viewing her work up close and personal at the MOMA this year and I have to say, although I enjoyed viewing her work virtually, the real deal was a lot more impressive! From zany to creepy to spectacular her big, bold, crisp strong images surrounded me at every turn. I was enamored with both her ability to embody so many different personas and to capture herself with such photographic finesse! I took the inspiration home with me in book form. If you'd like to see more of Cindy Sherman's work, go to cindysherman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment