"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cherish the Moment





Last night as I do so often in the summer, I drove to the beach to watch the sunset. I don't live right by the beach as I'd like to, I live 60 minutes from the sea, but I drive anyway because it's that important to me. Extravagant with the gas prices as they are? Yes, but I figure that if the master Creator can go through the effort of painting a beautiful masterpiece every night, I can go enjoy it once in a while.

As we were driving to the beach I noticed that the clouds were covering the sky, thick and dark. I worried that it would be a wasted trip as far as the sunset was concerned. I set up my chair and waited patiently.

I was not disappointed for I witness the most beautiful display of colors that I've ever seen. I feebly tried to capture the beauty on my iPhone and that's what these images are.

Here's the deal. How many of us miss most if not all of the sunrises and sunsets? How many of us are taking time to enjoy all the natural beauty around us. During the winter many of us are cooped up in the house with other obligations such as school, homework, meetings, etc, but I think the summer is made for luxuries like this. It's refreshing and life giving!

So tonight, go for a ride and check out the sunset - enjoy it... take pictures with your phone. Stop and smell the flowers. Pet the pooches that pass by you. Admire the work of the greatest Creator and draw inspiration from your environment - it's good for the soul!






No comments:

Post a Comment