"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Keeping the Vision in front of you

The other day, I walked into my folks house to pick up my daughter and a waft of amazing smells came my way. My mother had prepared a delicious fresh pizza. The smell and the sight almost sent me right out of all my conviction and resolve.

As the three sat down to eat, I reached for a V-8, determined that it would satisfy me. I took my mothers large poinsettia on the table and placed it between my eyes and the tantalizing treat on the table and focused on the conversation, keeping it active and alive so that my mind wouldn't start down a path of pity.

All good. I left the home without a bite of pizza and instead walked 2 1/2 miles along a beautiful wooded path. My vision and my food chart was left in tact. Later that night I took my daughter to the movies. In the back of the vintage theatre is a wonderful snack stand full of delicious foods and alcohol. Visiting this old movie house is a treat because you can eat a meal, down a nice spritzer and enjoy the show. Instead, we enjoyed the show while we watched everyone else munch on their goodies. But the show was great.

Part of what is helping me stay the course besides sheer determination are the tools that I have mentioned earlier in my blog. The two wonderful courses that I am taking are MORE than worth the price of the course (which is as low as $1). If you haven't signed up already consider taking 21 Day Yoga Body and Permanent Weight Loss with Self-Hypnosis. It will help you get through the holidays with hopes of being more slender or at least perhaps not gaining the traditional 5-7 pounds which bless you for the rest of the year.




The courses help me stay the course with my health goals but I've also been feeding myself with a more "girlie" focus. My little black dress hanging on the back of my closet door is only the start of it. Lately I've been going to my favorite clothing websites and "pinning" outfits that I plan on wearing once I meet my goal. Clothing can be so artistic and fun to wear when you are feeling good about your body. Below are a few of my favorite outfits from Free People. I'm sure you have your own favorite sites that tantalize you. The great thing is knowing that you WILL reach your goal and wear the clothing that you want!

It's good to have both short and long term goals to keep your vision alive along the way. I play little games with myself. After I do this many of these classes, I will treat myself to more yoga. Or if I fit into this dress by this time, I will treat myself to a day trip to NYC. Whatever it is that floats your boat, hold it up in front of you as a prize and soon you will be able to stave off that short term gratification for something that will pay greater dividends in the end! 



No comments:

Post a Comment