"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Artistic Inspiration... Leszek Sokol

Just when you think you've seen it all comes a new, fresh spin on romance and whimsy. Leszek Sokol brings beauty and flow to his images with vivid color and charm. Leszek studied art in Warsaw and I have to tell you, most of what I can find written about him is in a different language so there's no link for you today, but lots of pictures for you to feast your eyes on. I'm going to spend some time with them, studying them and seeing how I can incorporate some of these feel into my own work. I have some ideas. This is a bit out of my current "dark" comfort zone but art can generate a happy mood in addition to a melancholic air.

Speaking of which  - it is day number 14 in your creativity challenge - that means we are almost halfway through. If you are going to be creative this year and make some Christmas presents, this month would be the time to do it before the rush of the holiday season hits you.


















No comments:

Post a Comment