"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Artistic Inspiration... Mario Testino

By the way, if you are anywhere near Boston, take advantage of the current special exhibit at the MFA. Mario Testino, commercial photographer for royalty, the stars and some pretty hot names has a bigger than life, bright, bold, IN YOUR FACE gallery showing right now. It's one that you won't want to miss - and buy the book too.


As I looked at the In Your Face images perched boldly on the shelf the very first thing I thought was "PPA wouldn't score this very high - they would give it a 74 for he lost definition in the dark shadows". Of course, that's my training.... and that little voice in me, while it helps me make beautiful portraits for my clients, takes away some of my creative edge. I fight it all the time!

And truly, I'm sure at the end of the day when Mr. Testino is counting his money, those gray areas mean nothing... let's face it! His work is beautiful! It's striking and many emotions will come to the surface as you view the sharp, perfect work.

Here's a little sampling of the show.....













No comments:

Post a Comment