"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Creative Challenge Day 3

I have nothing to show from yesterday - but it doesn't mean that I wasn't creative.... on the contrary, I had one of the best creative days that I've had for a while. I created ideas. I created a plan. And I went to the art store and picked up a few supplies. Sweet bliss...

In the act of creating, I was energized. I tapped into something deep inside of myself and pulled. It felt good. It was like stretching out after a long run (I do remember that feeling from .... 30 years ago, lol).

So, I hope that many of you will use this weekend to create SOMETHING. Maybe it's just creating order out of chaos in your busy home and adding a little flare of flowers or switch around your clutter. If you have an hour or so, just grab a sketch pad and some colored pencils and doodle or put together a small collage filled with your goals and dreams.

For those of us who are wired heavily in our right brains... this is the way we think. This is the way we function. This is the way we make sense out of our lives. We NEED to do this.

As a right brainer, I don't think in lists, I think in images. I'm not linear in my understanding, I'm more circular. I've been realizing that even books written for right brainers are set up in a left brained system. I become more creative... more myself when I use the language of my mind.

One of my daughters has Aspergers. Her mind does not work the same way that mine does. She is not able to process information at the same speed and we often misunderstand each other. I struggle to understand her language. My husband thinks more like she does and is able to get into her mind. They have a strong connection because of that. It's just another example of how wiring makes a difference.

So for those of you who are artistically wired....spend some time today in your world. Get in touch with you! It's good for the soul!





No comments:

Post a Comment