"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Thursday, November 1, 2012

day 1 - creative daily exercise

Okay - here's my first creative venture. Truth be told... I didn't start it until 10:15 in the evening - it took me that long to finish all my obligations for the day... Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to start earlier.



This is one of my favorite little historical houses in town. I snapped this picture a few weeks ago but decided to doctor it up a bit and finish it. I had a small 2 story cape in New Hampshire a while back that I painted this same color red. There's just something about a red cape that makes me feel all warm and cozy inside.


And here is the same cape with a few unseen guests. I imagine that in its day there may have been a scene like this - little boy at the door, father in the field and grandma looking out the window. I watched an evening of Ghost Adventures last night on TV for halloween. Think it's still in my system....

No comments:

Post a Comment