"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Inspiration... Anne Clay meets Winslow Homer


Just painted this up in painter. Does it remind you of anything? Scroll down a few days ago when I posted some Winslow Homer sea paintings for inspiration.

Often I teach, what goes in - comes out. It's true of what you eat, what you read and also the images that you view. If you want to be more artistic, become a student of the arts. This is part of the reason that I started a blog, to familiarize you with more of the arts and show you how it influences your work. I didn't set out to create a "Winslow". I didn't look at any other art when I was painting this... I let the image speak to me and this is what came out. I've got more to do.... I'm on a roll....







No comments:

Post a Comment