"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Inspiration: Frank W. Benson











In honor of the final weeks of summer (boo hoo) let's may homage to one of my favorite american impressionist painters, Frank W. Benson. (1852-1951). For more info about this fantastic painter click on his name - he's got a whole website!

I love the work because it's romantic. I love the color palette of crisp summer and luscious ocean breezes blowing the lacy victorian white garb. Frank loved to paint images of his daughter on the cliffs overlooking the sea. Can't you just smell the salty breeze and feel the sun on your skin?

I teach all the time that what goes in, comes out. I have been dressing my daughters up in white and setting them lose on the cliffs by the ocean since they were young children! Ooh, got an idea... gotta go, I'm getting inspired... hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment