"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Friday, August 3, 2012

Two Roads Diverged in the Woods....


The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
College hunting today with my youngest daughter. Seeking a path for her to take. So many options. Today the option is an art school, a path that I didn't take although always looked at longingly... like it was for all others, but not for me. Today will be my first tour of an art school and I believe that I'm more excited than my daughter! She may not sign up, but there's a good chance I will!
What are your paths through life? What are the roads that you didn't take? Are you true to your heart in your decisions? Each decision that you make in life leads you further down the road. Are you happy with where your life has led you? Do you regret some of your paths?
Although you can't go backtrack on the trail of life, it is never too late to take a new path from where you are now. Until your dying day you have choices. Are you choosing the pathways that lead to your joy or are you stumbling along a well trodden rut of pain thinking that joy will result in time? It takes change for things to change.... yep, profound, I know, but true. Two roads diverged in the wood.... which one will you take today?

No comments:

Post a Comment