"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Physical Encouragement

I'm being greatly encouraged this weekend! I'm getting a new studio. About a year ago I gave up my storefront because I wasn't happy with my lack of temperature control. I've missed having a space to shoot my studio images that was readily accessible to me.

So this weekend, this hot, muggy, humid weekend, my husband and youngest daughter are working hard to grant me my wish. They have pulled out drywall, rusty nails and all manner of cobwebs and critters to make me a magical studio. The walls and ceiling are painted and today we are slated to paint the floor. After that comes decorating! I do that alone for that is my true joy. Cami, my senior will be the first to have her senior portraits in the space.... she will break it in for me...which will give us both joy!

Now THAT's encouraging! My family is using their little bit of time and energy to give me a place to work. I am using my time to encourage my oldest daughter by dying her bedspread for her dorm room. My oldest daughter is in turn encouraging me by working and making money to pay for her college and  running errands for me. We each give what we have to help the other. That's what encouragement is all about! It's a gift that keeps on giving!

What can your muscle power do for someone!  Do you have something special to offer? Maybe you can make today a "do something nice for someone else day". Try it .... it's good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment